EMF – The insidious killer of the 21st Century
EMF Radiation is real and is dangerous. Almost everyone in western culture carries at least one device and many 2 or more. Cell phones and tablets expose us to EMF radiation and its one of the most pernicious killers of our day. The damaging effects are largely insidious. You don’t see it, feel it or sense it until years later. Some people are sensitive and have symptoms right away but are often thought to be caused by something else. Headaches, depression, anxiety, Vitamin D deficiency, sleep troubles, and the list goes on. Here is a link to the World Health Organisation, which describes just some of the adverse effects. https://www.who.int/peh-emf/about/WhatisEMF/en/index1.html
Here is list of cell phone safety tips designed to specifically reduce exposure to wireless radiation:
• “Use text messaging when possible, and use cell phones in speaker mode or with the use of hands-free kits.
• When talking on the cell phone, try holding it an inch or more away from your head.
• Make only short or essential calls on cell phones.
• Avoid carrying your phone against the body like in a pocket, sock, or bra. Cell phone manufacturers can’t guarantee that the amount of radiation you’re absorbing will be at a safe level.
• Do not talk on the phone or text while driving. This increases the risk of automobile crashes.
• Exercise caution when using a phone or texting while walking or performing other activities. “Distracted walking” injuries are also on the rise.
• If you plan to watch a movie on your device, download it first, then switch to airplane mode while you watch in order to avoid unnecessary radiation exposure.
• Keep an eye on your signal strength (i.e. how many bars you have). The weaker your cell signal, the harder your phone has to work and the more radiation it gives off. It’s better to wait until you have a stronger signal before using your device.
• Avoid making calls in cars, elevators, trains, and buses. The cell phone works harder to get a signal through metal, so the power level increases.
• Remember that cell phones are not toys or teething items.